Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Dry In Continues...

The crew continues to dry in the house to get ready for the metal roof and siding which may start next week.  The contractor sent us a calendar with a tentative schedule of what should be happening over the next few weeks.  That was very helpful to see the process and what to expect.  Things should get very busy out here over the next couple of weeks.  Michael talked to the builder about our closets today.  He will be drawing something up and letting me see what they plan before they begin...so that's good!  There are still dining room issues we are unhappy about.  Since they shorted us 6" in the dining room, things aren't lining up visually.  I am a very "organized and symmetrical person" and when things are visually "off", it drives me bonkers!  The vaulted ceiling peak in the dining room is not lining up with the central window, so it all looks "off".   I guess I expected when we invested so much money in a nice house, that things would be "right".   Same with the posts on the back covered porch.  They are not spaced evenly...well,... all are spaced evenly, but one area...and that is driving me bonkers, also!   As my wise daughter quotes..."it is what it is"! (but it can still drive ya crazy)...other than a few issues here and there...things are progressing nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment