Thursday, August 25, 2011

Granite Arrives...Granite Leaves....

Wow...what an emotional rollercoaster this house building thing is!  The guys pulled up this afternoon with the granite countertops....I was so excited, I was pacing the floor.  I tried to leave them alone to get their job done...but I just couldn't stand it.   I walked in and my heart sunk.  Right color...wrong size/thickness.  We were supposed to have a 3cm granite and the greatroom shelves look like they have been designed to take a 3cm granite.  Well....they had installed 2cm...alot thinner.  We had to make a decision on the spot to allow them to continue to install the wrong product and just accept it..or send it back.  We really struggled with this decision because we feel bad that someone will have to "eat" this cost...but in this massive greatroom/kitchen space, the thinner granite just looked too "dainty"..it needed more "bulk".  So, we had to send it back.  I feel horrible!  
More pics below of some of today's progress....

No comments:

Post a Comment