Monday, September 26, 2011

Starting the Transition....

Well, the guys didn't show again today to finish cleaning the windows, so I am assuming that we will have to finish the "clean up".  We did quite a bit of cleaning on Friday.  Some of our furniture was delivered.  The window guy is supposed to be here tomorrow to repair the 2 windows that aren't working properly.  We won't move in until we have our post construction "closing" with the bank and builder on Thursday.  Until then, we will start transitioning to the house.  We are taking things over there bit by bit, but the real "moving" will have to be after Thursday.  So...with that being said...the house is pretty much finished...so there is really nothing to "blog" concerning the construction of the house.  It has been quite an experience...one I hope we will never have to do again.  It was exciting, frustrating, and emotionally draining.  It was exciting and fun to make creative choices and have them build what we want, but it was also overwhelming!  I think that we did a pretty good job "keeping it together" considering the whole ordeal.  And, we are happy with our creative choices.  The house is absolutely beautiful...it was all worth it!  The contractor and crew did a great job and I would highly recommend them.  There were issues that came up, but they always handled them promptly and tried to satisfy our needs and get things corrected.   I won't be blogging daily now that the house is finished.  I need to spend my "after work hours" getting moved into the house...I will post pics every few days as I get the house furnished and decorated....Thanks for sharing our "house building" experience with us!  Can't wait for all to see our "Oak Haven Dreamhouse"!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Well, since the bed is set up, have you slept in your new house!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete